Monday, April 8, 2013

Waterfall Braid with a Messy Bun

You all have no idea how many times I've been asked to do a tutorial of this picture...

   
(yup, that's me!)

It's actually pretty simple! I learned how to do it by watching a video of a waterfall braid tutorial. I don't have one personally, but make sure to check one out before you start!

So start with your bangs first. Once you watch a video on waterfall braiding, you'll understand. Start your braid at the ear, and braid so that the hair you 'leave behind' goes towards where your ponytail will be.

After you've braided across the front of your head, bobby pin them the hair in place. Personally, I like my hair big, so I pushed the braid forward a little to give it a little volume. You may need to fix the braid a little to fit to how you like it. 

The messy bun couldn't be easier to do. I used a regular hair tie, and placed the bun directly on top of my head. I have pretty long hair, so the extra kinda hung in awkward places. To fix it, I took that hair and wrapped it around the hair tie and bobby pinned it into place. 

That's it! So simple. I see when other people pin this photo on Pinterest, they make it seem way harder. It literally took me 10 minutes tops! 

Hope you enjoy, and sorry to those who asked me to do this that it wasn't sooner!

xoxo,
Aleesha


1 comment: